Sunday, March 10, 2013

Superboy and Other "Supers" Underplayed On Teams

I just watched the new "Young Justice" episode (March 9). It was well-written and brought together some imaginative sub plots I didn't see coming ... too bad the show is being canceled.
However, Superboy has been totally underplayed as part of the Young Justice Team.
I mean at one point in that latest episode, timeless villain Vandal Savage states that it will be easy to take down the young heroes, except Superboy.
Then, I see Superboy get punched by Black Beetle once and that's it -- he does nothing else and is basically a non-character.
Superboy has NEVER done anything super in Young Justice!
I've seen similar things happen to Superman in the Justice League, both in print and in animated adventures.
I'd rather see the "Supers" not even in a story, if they are going to be so underplayed.
The Young Justice writers ought to be ashamed that they have not used one shred in creativity with Superboy in their stories.
Is that one reason why the show is being cancelled? Could be.
What does anyone else think?



.

No comments:

Post a Comment