Thursday, May 9, 2013

DC Comics sinks to new low in values and Superman



I thought I'd seen it all in Superman comics, but no, DC Comics has sunk to a new low.

Not only does Superman seem unable to handle his own problems in DC's "new "52" stories and the new villains are lame, but I'd swear in Actions Comics No. 20, that the artist is seemingly  showing Superman with an erection, in front of a female doctor.
(A reviewer of that comic issue on the Superman Homepage also noticed what I did.)

No, it is only the NON "52" comics that are great these days, like the "Smallville" comic, that shows what happened after the TV show ended.
Sometimes the "Batman Beyond" comic (that co-stars an old Superman) is also pretty good.

I have hopes for "Man of Steel" movie, but I know the movie writers have changed some things for good or bad and I'm not sure how that will play out.
(I still don't see why the movie capes lack a Superman emblem ....)

I just wish DC would give Superman back some strong values and backbone.

The nation's problem with all the shootings?  The problem is not about guns, or bombs. Values are not being taught in schools anymore  (nor in Superman comics either) -- and that's a key cause, I believe, to the decline in our society.
The public seems anxious for heroes, as is evident by the box office sales of super-hero movies. But I wish the values of these heroes, like Superman, were a better example.

No comments:

Post a Comment